The GeroCovid e-Registry is a European de-identified clinical data electronic registry of geriatric patients at risk or suffering from COVID-19 (suspected and confirmed cases) observed since 1st March 2020 in the participating investigational sites.
Older adults (≥ 65 years) and pre-geriatric population (≥60 years and <65 years) are the ones most at risk from complications of COVID-19, including increased mortality, possibly in relationship with their comorbidity and frailty status. The GeroCovid e-registry is intended to track Covid-19 pandemic impact on the general geriatric population and on age/care-setting related sub-populations. The analysis of results is expected to facilitate the adoption of optimal standard of geriatric care during the pandemic.
1. Applying only to the " Acute Ward Patients " cohort: 1. Hospitalised patients 2. Suspected or known SARS-CoV-2 infection
2. Applying only to the "Nursing Homes (RSA)" cohort: 1. Nursing Home Resident Older Adults 2. Suspected or known SARS-CoV-2 infection
3. Applying only to the" Home and outpatients' care " cohort: a. Outpatients at risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection
4. Applying only to the" Dementia outpatients " cohort: 1. Outpatients suffering from dementia according to NIA-AA criteria 2. At risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection 3. Ongoing treatment with anti-cholinesterase- dugs and/or anti-psychotics
5. Applying only to the" At home " cohort: a. Outpatients at risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection
6. Applying only to the " Outcomes " cohort: 1. Age≥65 years 2. Hospitalised patients diagnosed with SARS-CoV-2 infection
1. Lack of a signed Informed Consent if the patient received and understood the information about the study.
2. Lack of a signed declaration by the responsible physician stating that no explicit opt-out advanced directives by the subject were known to be in place at the moment of inclusion if it had been impossible to inform the patient due to her/his state of consciousness and/or awareness of disease condition.
Susanna Del Signore, M.D.
Raffaele Antonelli Incalzi, M.D.
Policlinico Campus Bio-Medico